How to Remove Super Glue From Skin Without Acetone
It happened quickly: super glue comes on clothes, work surface or skin. We’ll show you how to remove super glue with safe means
Remove superglue with heat
Apply superglue to your work surface, use a hot air blower to dissolve it.
- Wait until the glue has hardened.
- Put the hot air on the glued area.
- Always put the hot foehn air on the spot for a short while so as not to overheat the surface.
- Then you can remove the superglue by hand.
Be careful with this tip. Otherwise, your desktop might be damaged. Be careful when using plastic or painted surfaces. Plastic can deform in staccid heat, paint dissolves under certain circumstances with. Even with a wooden surface, you should be careful to avoid burns.
Remove superglue from textiles
How To Remove Super Glue From Clothing And Other Textiles:
- Add cooking oil to the superglue. Massage the oil slightly and then let it work.
- After a while, the superglue softens so you can easily scrape it off.
- Immediately put the garment in a water bath with dish soap or soap to remove the oil. Wash it carefully.
This method works even if superglue has fallen on your carpet. Here you treat the carpet as described above with oil. Then clean the fibers carefully with a cloth that you have previously dipped in dishwashing water.
Remove superglue with cold
Not only heat but also cold can help to remove superglue.
- Place affected garments in the freezer for a few hours.
- Remove the superglue.
- Wash the garment in the washing machine to completely dissolve the superglue.
Remove super glue from the skin
Applying super glue on the skin can be very uncomfortable. To avoid damaging your skin, you should be very careful.
- Gently apply oil to the affected area of the skin. Massage the oil as far as possible.
- Let the oil work for a short time.
- Then cleanse your skin with warm soapy water.
If superglue gets into your eye or mouth area, you should consult a doctor.
If you suffer from sensitive skin, skip this tip.
This is how it works: Dab a little acetone on the edge of the splice. Then you can peel off the glue. If it does not work the first time, add a little more acetone to the affected area and try again.
Slower but gentle: vegetable oil
Much gentler on the skin is the solution with vegetable oil. However, it takes a little longer until you have removed the adhesive film.
Just rub in the affected area with any vegetable oil and repeat this again and again. Due to the grease contained in the oil, the adhesive dissolves over time and you can pull it off piece by piece.
Remove superglue with salt
If the superglue has landed on your finger or hand, it can be quite well “rubbed” with a salt paste. Just take a good portion of regular table salt in your hands and add some water. Now rub your hands until a paste is formed. Scrub with gentle pressure on the affected area for about a minute. The superglue will crumble over time and then dissolve.
For insensitive skin you can also use lemon juice instead of water – this dissolves the adhesive film even faster. Once all the remnants are removed, wash your hands with a mild soap.
Post-treatment: Do not forget to apply creams
No matter which method you choose, your skin will enjoy an extra dose of care after these exertions: a moisturizing lotion will make the stressed skin supple again.
Superglue lands quickly while crafting in the heat of the moment on the skin. However, removing the painter is not as difficult as you might think. FOCUS Online explained in the following, how to get rid of the annoying adhesive film again.
The most important thing at a glance:
- If superglue gets in your eyes or mouth, seek immediate medical attention
- After a few days, superglue on the skin dissolves by itself
- Use acetone, vegetable oil, salt or soap to get rid of superglue faster
Accidents with superglue: In these cases, you should go to the doctor
If some superglue gets on the skin, that is usually not questionable. A patient just waits until the unpleasant movie releases itself after a few days.
Superglue, however, becomes dangerous on the eyes and in the mouth region. If, due to carelessness, you get some of the glue on your eyelids or lips, please do not try to help yourself: In these cases, going to the doctor is clearly the better way.
This also applies if skin sticks to skin: Do not try to solve the bond by force. Visit a doctor instead – he has special skills and can repair the damage without injury.